Three unique sponsorship packages have been developed to deliver the greatest opportunity for companies who wish to maximise their association and partnership with ILC 2018 and the global hepatology community. Major Sponsors will be given priority on exhibition space and key satellite symposia slots on the Thursday and Friday of the congress.
- Help shape the congress programme:*
- Organise a satellite symposium
- Submit abstracts for presentation at the congress
- Participate in key sessions
- Greater visibility, prominence and usage rights:*
- Prominent placement of your logo in congress materials and on the congress website
- Right to use the ILC 2018 logo (subject to EASL approval)
- Permission to use the phrase ‘Satellite Symposium of The International Liver CongressTM 2018’
- Inclusion in the Symposia programmes and in a special section of the Final Programme*
- Inclusion in an e-newsletter distributed by the EASL Office to all congress delegates
- Opportunity to hold a press conference
- On-site signage and sponsor recognition
- Complimentary entitlements:
- Exhibition space
- Conference registrations
- VIP seating for opening session
- Invitiation to join EASL and other major sponsors on a pre-congress site visit and planning meeting
*Subject to compliance regulations
SCIENCE AND EDUCATION — INDUSTRY SATELLITE SYMPOSIA
|Entry into Ballot for Thursday/Friday evening or Saturday lunch (90 minute symposia slot) in parallel with 1 other|
|Entry into Ballot for Wednesday evening & Sunday morning (90 minute symposia slot) in parallel with 1 other|
|Entry into Ballot for Thursday morning (60 minute symposia slot) in parallel with 1 other|
INDUSTRY SATELLITE SYMPOSIA SUPPORT
(only 1 option is included within each package but further options are available upon request)
|Option 1: Webcast|
|Option 2: Interactive symposium package|
|Option 3: Digital branding for satellite symposium on-site|
|Symposium promotion via social media (at discretion of the EASL Office)|
|Symposium promotion via newsletter|
|Permission to use the phrase ‘Integrated Satellite Symposium of The International Liver CongressTM 2018’|
|One (1) push notification announcing the symposium on the mobile app, as allowed by compliance regulation|
|Inclusion in a special section of the Final Programme (only available if compliant with regulations at the time of the event)|
|Minimum of one (1) on-site promotional board to be placed throughout the Congress centre|
|Priority assignment of exhibition space (within each sponsorship level)|
|Complimentary exhibition space included||81 sqm||81 sqm||9 sqm|
|Discount on additional exhibition space||20%||10%|
|Full page colour conference advertisement in the final programme (e-book)|
|Enhanced company description in Congress mobile app|
|On-site sponsors’ board|
|Office space (up to 20 sqm) within the Congress venue|
|Tickets to the early morning workshops||5||3|
|Opportunity to submit a topic proposal for any official ILC early morning workshop (subject to approval by EASL)|
|Priority allocation of hotel room blocks|
|Priority allocation of hospitality rooms in the Congress venue|
|Discount on additional sponsorship items||15%||10%||5%|
|Company welcome desk in the registration area|
All items above are subject to compliance
Major Sponsors of the ILC received invitations to attend and participate in the ‘Business Meeting with the Industry’ (BMI), which took place in Paris in May 2017.
The BMI Industry Board meets twice a year – once at the ILC for a congress debrief and once in the spring at the forthcoming venue for a congress briefing and site visit. These face-to-face meetings allow us to work in partnership to:
- Organise and plan a successful ILC
- Ensure that the ILC is of high scientific value, professionally organised and planned in the most efficient and effective manner
- Make sure that the available budget from commercial sponsors is used to provide the best scientific content in line with the EASL Constitution and Code of Practice
- Make sure that the available budget from the commercial sponsors is sufficient to support all the costs involved in the organisation of such as Congress
- Jointly contribute towards creating and maintaining a positive and professional public image of the ILC
- Provide the means for regular dialogue between EASL and commercial partners, helping to promote a clear understanding of mutual problems and to avoid potential conflicts
- Ensure that no sponsors, their local affiliates or other exhibitors, at the ILC organise social or other events which might conflict with the scientific programme, PostGraduate Course, official activities or Satellite Symposia.
A ballot system is used to allocate satellite symposia (time slots), exhibit stand location, other sponsorship items and hotel blocks for Major Sponsors.
The ballot takes place during the BMI (Business Meeting with Industry) in the month of May of the year preceding the ILC with representatives of all Major Sponsors present. A designated member of EASL shall chair the ballot.
Ballot 1 – Symposia slot and exhibition space allocation:
All companies present at the BMI participate in ballot 1 expect for those companies that were assigned the Sunday symposia slot during the last ILC. The number of tickets for this ballot corresponds to the number of companies. Only one ticket will be marked ‘SUNDAY’. The company that chooses this ticket is automatically allocated the Sunday slot.
Six symposia slots (spread over three days) are included in the ILC programme: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday late afternoon. Tickets numbered according to the number of companies present in the room are selected randomly and will define the order of choice for the symposia slots. The company with ticket 1 is the first to choose between the available symposia slots. The company with ticket 2 follows and so on.
Once all symposia slots are allocated, the Exhibition space ballot begins, in reverse order. The companies with the Sunday symposia slot are entitled to choose their exhibition booths first, then the companies who were last to select their symposia slots are entitled to choose their exhibition booths. Since there are 2 companies assigned to each symposia slot, an additional ballot takes place to determine the order of choice of each exhibition space. Ticket number 1 has priority over ticket 2 in this additional ballot.
Ballot 2 – Sponsorship items
Priority allocation of additional sponsorship items is determined by a further ballot.
Ballot 3 – Hotel allocation
This ballot determines the order of allocation of rooming blocks in a number of pre-selected hotels, including the HQ hotel.